The primary function of the Data Scientist is to create and optimize algorithms and computer programs that will add value to the business through operational efficiency or revenue growth.
- Perform data mining, predictive modeling, and process optimization, which include regression, classification, operations research (OR), and machine learning.
- Develop programs/applications that will help optimize the day-to-day operations and support the decision-making processes within different departments.
- Conduct experiments, collect and clean data for analysis and model creation, and implement results into target departments or product applications.
- Update the predictive model parameters as new batches of training data are available
- Create appropriate documentation after completion of data science projects
- Provide support to end users and proactively engage with users to refine data science solutions
- Keep abreast with data science tools and methodologies
- Scope, manage, and deliver own projects within the set timeline and ensure their alignment with the business needs and expectations of the assigned department.
- Perform other related tasks as directed by superiors.
- Familiar with any programming language (R, python, Julia, VB.net, VBA, MATLAB, Octave, etc.)
- Strong at numerical analysis and has taken courses covering advanced Mathematics
- Familiar with statistical regression, classification, and other predictive modeling techniques.
- Familiar with the concepts and procedures behind any modern Artificial Intelligence algorithms (Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Natural Language Processing, etc.)
- Proficient in any modern data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, d3.js, Qlik, etc.)
- Able to quickly adapt to new processes and learn emerging technologies for Big Data and Analytics.
- Effective in project management - scoping and delivery according to set requirements and timelines.
- Effective in technical communications